Under His Wings
Words: William O. Cushing
Tune: Ira D. Sankey
G D D7
1. Under His wings I am safely abi-ding,
2. Under His wings, what a refuge in sor-row!
3. Under His wings, oh, what precious en-joy-ment!
1. Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
2. How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
3. There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
1. Still I can trust Him; I know He will keep me,
2. Often when earth has no balm for my heal -ing,
3. Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
C G D G
1. He has redeem-ed me, and I am His child.
2. There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.
3. Resting in Jesus, I’m safe ever- more.
G D7 G
Under His wings, under His wings,
G C G D
Who from His love can sev-er?
G C G
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
C G D G
Safely abide forev-er.