To God Be the Glory
Words: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915
Tune: William H. Doane, 1832-1915
Category: Praise and Adoration
G C G D G
1. To God be the glo-ry, great things He hath done;
2. O per -fect re-demp-tion, the pur-chase of blood,
3. Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
C G A7 D
1. So loved He the world that He gave us His son,
2. To ev-'ry be -liev-er the prom-ise of God;
3. And great our re-joic-ing through Je-sus the Son;
G C G D G
1. Who yield-ed His life an a -tone-ment for sin,
2. The vil -est of -fend-er who tru-ly be - lieves,
3. But pur -er, and high-er, and great-er will be
C G D G
1. And o-pened the life-gate that all may go in.
2. That mo-ment from Je-sus a par-don re-ceives.
3. Our won-der, our trans-port, when Je-sus we see.
G D G D
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let the earth hear His voice!
D D7 G
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let the peo-ple re-joice!
G C D G D G
O come to the Fa-ther thru Je-sus the Son,
G C G D G D G
And give Him the glo-ry, great things He hath done.