Lily of the Valley
Words: Charles w. Fry
Tune: William S. Hays
G C G
1. I have found a friend in Jesus, He’s everything to me,
2. He all my grief has taken, and all my sorrows borne;
3. He will never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,
1. He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
2. In temptation He’s my strong and mighty tower;
3. While I live by faith and do His blessèd will;
G C G
1. The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
2. I have all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn
3. A wall of fire about me, I’ve nothing now to fear,
D D7 G G7
1. All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
2. From my heart and now He keeps me by His power.
3. From His manna He my hungry soul shall fill.
1. In sorrow He’s my comfort, in trouble He’s my stay;
2. Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore,
3. Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessèd face,
1. He tells me every care on Him to roll.
2. Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.
3. Where the rivers of delight shall ever roll.
G C G
He’s the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
D D7 G
He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.