It Is Well with My Soul
Words: Horatio G. Spafford 1828-1888
Tune: Philip P. Bliss 1838-1876
Category: Peace and Joy
D G D A D Em A A7 D
1. When peace like a riv-er at -tend -eth my way,
2. Though Sa -tan should buf-fet, though tri -als should come,
3. My sin- O the bliss of this glo -ri -ous thought,
4. And Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
D Bm E E7 A D A G
1. When sor-rows like sea-bil -lows roll; What-ev-er my lot,
2. Let this blest as -sur-ance con- trol, That Christ has re -gard
3. My sin- not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross
4. The clouds be rolled back as a scroll, The trump shall re -sound
G Em G A A7 D G D A Asus4 D
1. Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.
2. -ed my help-less es-tate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
3. and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
4. and the Lord shall de-scend, "e -ven so" it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul
D G D A D
It is well, It is well with my soul.