He Leadeth Me
Words: Joseph H. Gilmore
Tune: William B. Bradbury
G G7 C
1. He leadeth me, O blessèd thought!
2. Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
3. Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
4. And when my task on earth is done,
G Em G D
1. O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
2. Some-times where Eden’s bowers bloom,
3. Nor ever murmur nor re- pine;
4. When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
G G7 C
1. Whate’er I do, where’er I be
2. By waters still, over troubled sea,
3. Content, whatev - er lot I see,
4. E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
G Em G D G
1. Still ’tis God’s hand that lead-eth me.
2. Still ’tis His hand that lead-eth me.
3. Since ’tis my God that lead-eth me.
4. Since God through Jordan lead-eth me.
G D D7 C G
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
C G Em G D
By His own hand He leadeth me;
D7 G D D7 C G
His faithful follow-er I would be,
C G Em G D G
For by His hand He lead-eth me.