Faith Is the Victory
Words: John H. Yates 1837-1900
Tune: Ira D. Sankey 1840-1908
Category: Faith and Trust
A E E7 A
1. En-camped a-long the hills of light, Ye Christian sol-diers, rise,
2. His ban-ner o-ver us is love, Our sword the Word of God;
3. To him who o-ver-comes the foe White rai-ment shall be giv'n
A E E7 A
1. And press the bat-tle ere the night Shall veil the glow-ing skies.
2. We tread the road the saints a-bove With shouts of tri-umph trod.
3. Be-fore the an-gels he shall know His name con-fessed in heav'n
A E D A E A B E
1. A-gainst the foe in vales be-low, Let all our strength be hurled;
2. By faith they, like a whilr -wind's breath, Swept on o'er ev -'ry field;
3. Then on -ward from the hills of light, Our hearts with love a -flame;
E7 A Cm Bm A E A
1. Faith is the vic -to -ry, we know, That o-ver-comes the world.
2. The faith by which they con -quered death Is still our shin-ing shield.
3. We'll van-quish all the hosts of night, In Je-sus' con-q'ring name.
A E7 A
Faith is the vic-to-ry! Faith is the vic-to-ry!
D A D A E7 A
O glo-ri-ous vic-to-ry That o-ver-comes the world.