Crown Him with Many Crowns
Words: Matthew Bridges 1800-1894
Tune: George J. Elvey 1816-1893
Category: Praise and Adoration
D Bm G D G D A
1. Crown Him with man-y crowns, The Lamb up-on His throne;
2. Crown Him the Lord of love: Be -hold His hands and side-
3. Crown Him the Lord of life: Who tri -umphed o'er the grave,
4. Crown Him the Lord of heav'n: One with the Fa -ther known,
A D Bm A E A D A D E A
1. Hark! how the heav'n-ly an-them drowns all mu -sic but its own!
2. Rich wounds, yet vis -i -ble a -bove, In beau -ty glo-ri -fied.
3. Who rose vic -to -rious to the strife For those He came to save.
4. One with the Spir-it thru Him giv'n From His e- ter-nal throne.
A D G E A
1. A -wake, my soul, and sing Of Him Who died for thee,
2. No an-gel in the sky Can ful-ly bear that sight,
3. His glo-ries now we sing, Who died and rose on high,
4. To Thee be end-less praise, For Thou for us hast died
A D A G D G A D G D A D
1. And hail Him as thy match-less king Thru all e -ter-ni -ty.
2. But down- ward bends his won-d'ring eye At mys -ter -ies so bright.
3. Who died, e -ter -nal life to bring, And lives that death may die.
4. Be Thou, O Lord, thru end- less days A -dored and mag-ni -fied.