Words: Avis B. Christiansen 1895-1985
Tune: Harry Dixon Loes 1892-1965
Category: The Cross
1. Up Cal-v'ry's moun-tain one dread-ful morn,
2. Fa'ther, for-give them! thus did He pray,
3. O how I love Him, Sav-ior and Friend,
1. Walked Christ my Sav-ior, wea-ry and worn;
2. E'en while His life-blood flowed fast a-way;
3. How can my prais - es ev -er find end!
1. Fac-ing for sin-ners death on the cross,
2. Pray-ing for sin-ners while in such woe
3. Thry years un-num-bered on heav-en's shore,
D7 A E A
1. That He might save them from end-less loss.
2. No one but Je-sus ev-er loved so.
3. My tongue shall praise Him for-ev-er - more.
Bless-ed Re-deem-er! Pre-cious Re-deem-er!
Seems now I see Him on Cal-va-ry's tree;
Wound-ed and bleed-ing, for sin-ners plead-ing
A E A
Blind and un-heed-ing dy-ing for me!