Words: John Newton 1725-1807
Tune: Edwin O. Excell 1851-1921
Category: God's Grace
G G7 C G Em G D
1. A-maz-ing grace! how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me!
2. Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears re- lieved;
3. Thru man-y dan-gers, toils, and snares, I have al -read-y come;
4. When we've been there ten thou-sand years, Bright shin-ing as the sun,
G G7 C G Em G D G
1. I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind, but now I see.
2. How pre-cious did that grace ap -pear The hour I first be-lieved!
3. Tis grace hath bro't me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home.
4. We've no less days to sing God's praise Than when we'd first be-gun